Our Manufacturing Facilities and Services
SKS is headquartered in Alameda, California, the site of our die casting and machining facility. In operation since 1945, SKS enjoys an outstanding reputation for expert engineering, design for manufacturability, superior process/quality control, and prompt deliveries.
All together, SKS has over 100,000 square feet of manufacturing area; it employs up to 50 production personnel on two shifts. SKS makes use of the most technologically advanced die casting and machining equipment available, together with complete in-house design/engineering and tool/die operations.
- Design and manufacture of high-quality long-life die cast tooling for precision components. Our tooling designs produce near “net shape” parts minimizing secondary operations. SKS guarantees each die-cast tool will produce a minimum of 100,000 pieces of Aluminum die-cast parts and 1 million for Zinc.
- Manufacture aluminum and zinc die-cast components meeting or exceeding industry standards. SKS’ components are produced to ½ the NADCA Standard tolerances.
- SKS furnishes “finished” machined components – that is complete with helicoils, dowel pins installed, nonchromatic process NCP (meets RoHS requirements), anodized surface finish, powder-coated surface finish, painted, plated, etc. surface finish. The parts sent to the customer are ready for the final assembly operation.
- SKS is certified to the standard of ISO9001-2015 manufacturer.
Die Casting and Machining Services
In a typical year, the company serves 80 different customers and produces over 500 different parts during the year. Every component is manufactured to each customer’s specific design and specification. The production volume for each component can vary from several hundred to several hundred thousand parts.
Scope of SKS Die Casting and Machining Services
We can offer three (3) options to our customers:
- Build the tooling and the parts in the U.S.A.
- Build the tooling in China and produce the parts in the U.S.A.
- Build the tooling and the parts in China.
The SKS Die Casting Team
- Sean Keating: President
- Chris Keating: Vice President, Quality
- Richard Wieckowski: Chief Engineering
- Andy Chow: Continual Improvement Manager
SKS is your premier manufacturing source for die casting and machining since 1945.