Custom Aluminum Die Casting Services
Aluminum die casting is considered a non-expendable technique that can be repeatedly used to produce different shapes, sizes, and thicknesses of aluminum alloys for die casting. The aluminum die casting process also creates lightweight parts, maintains high operating temperatures, and provides excellent corrosion resistance for various industrial applications.
Precision Aluminum Die Casting Manufacturers
With over 75 years of experience, global resources, and ISO Certification, SKS provides precision aluminum die casting services that are highly versatile that maintain thin-walled, high dimensional stability that can be used in almost any industry. Our aluminum die casting processes accurately produce aesthetically pleasing parts in a wide range of shapes and sizes.
Contact us for more information regarding our precision aluminum die casting service options, or call us at 510-523-2541 to speak with an expert. SKS is your trusted source for advanced aluminum die casting services.
Aluminum Die Casting Advantages
One of the most significant benefits of aluminum die casting is that it creates lighter parts—with more surface finishing options than other die cast alloys, including aluminum anodize. Additional advantages associated with aluminum die casting include:
- Large and complex part production
- High strength parts
- Excellent surface finish and accuracy
- High production rate
- Low labor cost
- High operating temperatures
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- Good stiffness and strength-to-weight ratio
- Superior EMI and RFI shielding properties
- Excellent thermal conductivity
- High electrical conductivity
- Good finishing characteristics
- Full recyclability
The Aluminum Die Casting Process
Aluminum die casting is a manufacturing process that can produce geometrically complex metal parts using reusable die casting molds, called dies. The die casting process involves using a furnace, metal, die casting machine, and die. Aluminum alloys for die casting are melted in a furnace and then injected into the dies by the die casting machine. Once the liquid aluminum is injected into the dies, it rapidly cools and solidifies into the final cast part.
Custom Aluminum Alloy Material Options
Aluminum alloys are ideal for a wide range of products due to their unique qualities. Alloy 380.0 Aluminum is the most used alloy for die casting, and it has been found to meet a wide variety of customer needs. SKS can also cast Aluminum Alloys 360, 390 and 413. Our custom aluminum alloy material options include:
Aluminum can also withstand the highest operating temperatures of all the die-cast alloys. Moreover, cast aluminum is versatile and corrosion-resistant; it retains high dimensional stability with thin walls and can be used in almost any industry.
Custom Aluminum Die Casting Applications
Due to its high strength and production rates, aluminum die casting is used for applications that span various industries; these include:
Aluminum Die Casting – Product Example
- Description of component: BODY PUMP
- Function: oil pumping station, air & gas filtration pump. Each component is required to meet a pressure test of over 5,000 psi without resulting in damage to the component assembly.
- Die cast machined component weight: 2 lb. 14 oz.
- Original component: machined sand casting
- Rejection rate: 20%
- Production rate: 5 – 7 pcs per shift
- Die casting component raw material: Aluminum alloy die casting
- Reject rate: <1%
- Weight reduction: 5%
- Production rate: 250 pcs per shift
- Cost Reduction: over 50%.